Virgin Australia launches huge flight sale with $69 tickets starting TODAY - but you'd better be quickAirline has slashed fares across
Virgin Australia launches huge flight sale with $69 tickets starting TODAY – but you’d better be quick
- Airline has slashed fares across Australia starting from 4pm on January 14
- Some one way fares – including Sydney to Bryon Bay – available for just $69
- Virgin Australia went into administration in April last year due to coronavirus
- US private equity firm Bain Capital took over ownership in September 2020
Virgin Australia has launched a massive flight sale starting today – with some fares to popular destinations as low as $69.
The sale follows a chaotic 2020 for the travel industry, with the airline now looking to entice back flyers with reduced fares as well as free booking flexibility.
From 4pm today until midnight, Virgin Australia will release 300,000 tickets for flights across different parts and states of Australia.
Flights to tourist haven Byron Bay (pictured above) from Sydney start at just $69 in a Virgin Australia flight sale from 4pm on January 14
If you fancy a few days in Newcastle (pictured above), flights start at $79 one way from Melbourne
Value for money flights include Sydney to Byron Bay or Byron Bay to Sydney ($69 one-way), Melbourne to Adelaide or Adelaide to Melbourne from ($90 one-way) and Melbourne to Hobart or Hobart to Melbourne from ($95 one-way).
Passengers will also be able to make unlimited date changes to their bookings, without incurring any change fees, for bookings made by 31 March 2021, for travel until 30 June 2021.
‘With a vaccine on the way, coupled with the fantastic way Australians have managed the pandemic, we’re optimistic that border restrictions will be lifted in the not-too-distant future,’ a Virgin Australia spokesman said.
Bargain hunters can also secure one way flights to Adelaide (pictured above) from Melbourne for $90
A trip to Tasmania (pictured above) could be appealing for Melbourne residents, with one way flights from $75
‘Our extended flexibility will help to give travellers the confidence they need to make a booking and plan that long-awaited holiday or family reunion, knowing that the booking is protected.’
The global pandemic destroyed the aviation industry in 2020 – especially Australia’s domestic market.
With the majority of planes permanently grounded, Virgin Australia went into administration in April last year. They still owe an estimated $7billion to numerous creditors.
American private equity firm Bain Capital took over ownership of the company last September.
Virgin’s value for money flights
* Sydney to Byron Bay/Byron Bay to Sydney ($69 one-way)
* Melbourne to Launceston/Launceston to Melbourne ($75 one-way)
* Melbourne to Newcastle/Newcastle to Melbourne from ($79 one-way)
* Melbourne to Adelaide/Adelaide to Melbourne from ($90 one-way)
* Melbourne to Hobart/Hobart to Melbourne from ($95 one-way)
* Brisbane to Melbourne/Melbourne to Brisbane from ($129 one-way)
* Melbourne to Cairns/Cairns to Melbourne from ($159 one-way)
* Perth to Darwin/Darwin to Perth from ($189 one-way)