'My beautiful boy is gone': Dr. Laura Berman's 16-year-old son Samuel dies from overdose

HomeMoney

'My beautiful boy is gone': Dr. Laura Berman's 16-year-old son Samuel dies from overdose

OWN TV host Dr. Laura Berman is mourning the death of her 16-year-old son. The relationship and intimacy therapist confirmed to USA TODAY Monday th

JoJo Siwa opens up about being queer and pansexual, her girlfriend: 'My human is my human'
Pregnant Shawn Johnson tests positive for COVID-19: 'My body is just exhausted'
Melania Trump says serving as first lady was 'my greatest honor'


Laura Berman arrives at the Oprah Winfrey Network Television Critics Association 2011 Winter Press Tour in Pasadena, Calif. on Thursday, Jan 6, 2011.

OWN TV host Dr. Laura Berman is mourning the death of her 16-year-old son. 

The relationship and intimacy therapist confirmed to USA TODAY Monday that her teen son Samuel died on Sunday from an accidental overdose of fentanyl laced Xanax at their family home in Santa Monica, California. 

“Our son Sammy was a beautiful soul who left us way too soon,” Berman said in a statement provided by her husband, Samuel Chapman. “Our hearts are broken for ourselves and for all the other children that are suffering during this pandemic.”

Berman first shared the news of her son’s death on Instagram Sunday, writing that her son got “the drugs delivered to the house” in an “experimentation gone bad.”

“My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old,” the host of “In the Bedroom with Dr. Laura Berman” captioned a picture of herself embracing her smiling son. “My heart is completely shattered and I am not sure how to keep breathing.”

Melissa Etheridge on son’s overdose: I have ‘peace knowing he’s not in pain’ 

Berman said her son got his hands on the unknowingly fatal drug through Snapchat and warned other parents to “watch your kids and WATCH SNAPCHAT especially.”

“A drug dealer connected with him on Snapchat and gave him fentinyl (sic) laced Xanax and he overdosed in his room,” Berman wrote. “They do this because it hooks people even more and is good for business but (it) causes overdose and the kids don’t know what they are taking.”



COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: 0