TOTTENHAM are up against Southampton in their first Premier League match of the season this weekend. Spurs finished in the Champions League spo
TOTTENHAM are up against Southampton in their first Premier League match of the season this weekend.
Spurs finished in the Champions League spots last season ahead of Arsenal and will be looking to fare even better this term.
Antonio Conte has brought in a bundle of new signings, including Everton star man Richarlison.
The likes of Yves Bissouma, Djed Spence and Ivan Perisic have also been added.
Southampton, on the other hand, have had to let go of Armando Broja, who has returned to Chelsea.
And right-back Kyle Walker-Peters is also being linked with a move to the Blues.
What time does Tottenham vs Southampton kick off?
- Tottenham’s home clash with Southampton gets underway from 3pm UK time on Saturday, August 6.
- The game will take place at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
- The sides last met in February when Southampton ran out shock 3-2 winners in North London.
Is the game on TV and can it be live streamed?
- Unfortunately, Tottenham vs Southampton will NOT be shown live on TV because of the 3pm blackout in the UK.
- The match will be shown live on Peacock in the US, as all the 3pm kick-offs will.
- You can follow along with all of the action on SunSport’s live blog for the game.
Most read in Football
Tielemans boost as Aouar deal lined up, Maddison waiting on BID
Coventry clash with Rotherham in HUGE doubt over pitch safety fears
I was upgraded to business class after being mistaken for England hero Kelly
'ONE OF THE BEST'
Tributes paid to Brighton winger who scored five goals to seal promotion
WILL HE GO?
Willian 'in talks over shock Prem return with Fulham showing transfer interest'
PL stars could be forced to RETIRE over demands with up to 76 GAMES in 22-23
Harry Kane, Heung-min Son and Richarlison could very well start in a front three against the Saints on Saturday.
Perisic could also see some action but will likely come on as a sub, and the same can be said for Bissouma.
Southampton will have a fresh James Ward-Prowse in midfield but it remains to be seen whether Walker-Peters will feature, given the speculation over his future.
- Tottenham – 1/3
- Draw – 4/1
- Southampton – 8/1
*Odds courtesy of Betfair and correct as of Friday, August 5