Then this is a good moment to shout about it as Barclays sixth annual Entrepreneur Awards get underway recognising outstanding contributions to industry and the society. The event will showcase founders and their companies who amid the pandemic have gone from bedroom to (virtual) boardroom, from homemade to self-made and have succeeded in bringing together their creativity, passion and innovation.
In turn they are helping to activate and stimulate the economic recovery and drive social change.
The Awards have eight categories, ranging from startup to international expansion. This time, some Barclays partners who provide services to help businesses thrive are sponsoring a category.
“The awards are a celebration of the exceptional innovation and leadership entrepreneurs show, helping to create social change and growth. This is our opportunity to celebrate some of the UK’s most successful home-grown ventures and the founders behind them,” says Katherine Morgan, head of the bank’s high growth and entrepreneurs proposition.
“It’s been a difficult time for businesses during the pandemic, which is why it’s more important than ever to celebrate entrepreneurs’ achievements. So often it’s their exceptional innovation, alongside their drive for social change, that helps us to overcome challenges and create momentum for growth across the country.”
Previous winner of the People’s Choice Award (2020) Mark Scott, chief executive and founder of Bella & Duke, a leading healthy fresh pet food subscription company based in Perthshire, Scotland, added: “We’re very proud to have been recognised as a Barclays Entrepreneur Award winner. Having launched our business in 2016, it is a true testament of the hard work, innovation and success of the whole team at Bella & Duke.
“Awards such as these are important to firms like ours, they help to showcase our brand, products and services to a much wider audience. We would absolutely encourage any entrepreneur, business founder or owner to take the time and enter.”
The awards bring the full entrepreneurial community together.
Multiple nominations can be submitted across eight different categories, with the People’s Choice award opening up later in the process.
· Start-Up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Barclays: entrepreneurs who have started new, fast-growing businesses.
· Scale up Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Propel: entrepreneurs whose businesses are growing on a rapid scale.
· Social Entrepreneur of the Year, sponsored by Smart Pension: entrepreneurs whose companies have delivered transformative social or environmental change.
· International Expansion of the Year, sponsored by Nimbla: businesses that have established an impressive trading footprint and market growth in international markets over the last three years.
· Entrepreneur Icon of the Year, sponsored by MarketFinance: entrepreneurs who have successfully turned their vision into reality.
· The Barclaycard Next Level Award: recognises the entrepreneurs/businesses that have overcome a significant challenge or grabbed their big business growth moment.
· Eagle Labs Innovation Award: companies that have demonstrated impact through digital empowerment and innovative collaboration.
· Rise FinTech Company of the Year Award: companies from the Rise network and Barclays Accelerator Alumni who are creating scaling businesses that are transforming financial services.
· Outstanding Contribution to Entrepreneurship Award recognises an individual who has had a profound impact on the entrepreneurial ecosystem, shaping and influencing the profile and importance of entrepreneurs for the UK and beyond.
· People’s Choice Award: for the individual or company who has received the most votes from the general public.
Nominations can be submitted online at Barclays Entrepreneur Awards 2021 until midnight on Friday July 2, 2021. Applicants can consider entering for multiple awards across categories that range from the Start-up Entrepreneur Award which is for a founder of a business with propensity for scale – to The Social Entrepreneur Award for those who are positively driving social and environmental change with their business.